DualForce™ Active-Wedges actively engage the matrix band and adjacent tooth. Active-Wedges are designed to easily glide into position with a collapsing tip that re-opens once fully placed. The ideal Active-Wedge contour and strong internal spine places significant force on the matrix band to seal margins to eliminate overhangs and reduce composite flash – translating to less finishing time.
- Clinical Technique
- Instructions For Use / SDS
- Product Configurations
- Ideal contour to provide matrix/wedge/tooth seal to minimize flash and eliminate overhangs
- Collapsing tip for easy placement, rebounds when fully seated – preventing back-out
- Provides 2lbs of separation force
- Strong internal spine creates tooth separation, increases seal at proximal box
- Notched handle to match cotton pliers
- Available in 5 ISO color coded sizes, including #5 “Deep Seal” Wedge
Dentistry and photography courtesy of Dr. Parag R. Kachalia.
Dentistry and Photography Courtesy of Dr. Robert Margeas.
Click here to view the DualForce Sectional Matrix System Product Sheet.
Click here to view Creating Predictable Composite Contacts by Dr. Parag R. Kachalia in Inside Dentistry.
Click here to view the DualForce Sectional Matrix System Dental Product Shopper Product Spotlight.
Instructions For Use / SDS
Click here to view the DualForce Sectional Matrix System Instructions For Use/SDS.
Ensure that the DualForce Ring is fully seated by gently pressing down on the plastic separating prongs (never directly on the dual NiTi rings) once it is placed on the tooth.
Ensure that the proper sterilization temperature and method are being used.
It is recommended to use a steam autoclave at 273oF only.
Ensure that the ring is expanded sufficiently to avoid premature contact of the separating prongs with the tooth as it is being seated.
- Approach the tooth with the expanded ring at a 45o angle.
- Place the separating prongs as close as possible to the gingival crest and gently press down on the plastic to ensure that it is fully seated. The dual NiTi rings themselves should never be manipulated as this will cause the separating prongs to shift.
- DualForce Rings are designed to sit at a 20o angle to allow for nesting of a second ring, to avoid a rubber dam clamp, and to clear an adjacent prominent cusp.
Active-Wedge Intro Kit:
- Contains 40 x each size wedge (#1, #2, #3, #4, #5)
- #1 100-pack
- #2 100-pack
- #3 100-pack
- #4 100-pack
- #5 100-pack
DUALFORCE Complete Kit: 1 x Pre-Molar Ring (Orange), 1 x Molar Ring (Green), 25 x 4.5mm Ultra-Wrap Matrix Bands, 25 x 5.5mm Ultra-Wrap Matrix Bands, 25 x 6.5mm Ultra-Wrap Matrix Bands, 20 x Active-Wedge #1 (Purple), 20 x Active-Wedge #2 (White), 20 x Active-Wedge #3 (Blue), 20 x Active-Wedge #4 (Green), 20 x Active-Wedge #5 (Black), 1 x Punch Pliers 1 x Ring Forceps
DUALFORCE Starter Kit: 1 x Pre-Molar Ring (Orange), 1 x Molar Ring (Green), 25 x 4.5mm Ultra-Wrap Matrix Bands, 25 x 5.5mm Ultra-Wrap Matrix Bands, 25 x 6.5mm Ultra-Wrap Matrix Bands, 20 x Active-Wedge #1 (Purple), 20 x Active-Wedge #2 (White), 20 x Active-Wedge #3 (Blue), 20 x Active-Wedge #4 (Green), 20 x Active-Wedge #5 (Black)