Treatment planning, designing and managing complex restorative and esthetic cases can be a daunting task. While each practitioner may have their own treatment preferences, several universal design and treatment principles can be applied to the treatment of all complex cases. These principles will be introduced through this exciting, interactive presentation using cases that include multidisciplinary needs and diligent management to achieve optimal results. Sequencing treatment with multiple specialties (orthodontics, periodontics, oral surgery, and endodontics) will be discussed. Particular emphasis will be placed on specific techniques and design concepts to aid practitioners in achieving optimal functional and esthetic results.
During this program clinicians will learn how to:
- Diagnose a variety of complex clinical situations
- Sequence complex cases to optimize clinical outcomes
- Design a case with the final product in mind
- Select appropriate materials based on functional needs and esthetics
- Manage and quarterback all members of the treating team, including specialists
- Work effectively with laboratory support team to achieve lasting, esthetic results
- Optimize case acceptance through an increased understanding various patient types
Clinicians will leave this course with a greater understanding on the appropriate steps necessary to manage complex cases.