Ohio Dental Meeting Event
Ensuring Success in Anterior Aesthetics: Avoiding Failure with Proper Planning (Morning Lecture 9:00am-12:00am)
This seminar will start with a systematic approach to accurately analyze a patient’s dental condition, including occlusion and smile deficiencies, utilizing photography and Kois diagnostic protocols. Proper occlusal diagnosis will be predictive of treatment success. Treatment options will be reviewed to achieve a successful result. You will learn a step-by-step approach to recreating a natural dentition and smile. Techniques to create an aesthetic preview prior to advanced treatments will be reviewed.
- Utilize a diagnostic protocol to determine a predictable scheme for a successful aesthetic outcome.
- Prevent failures by proper diagnosis of occlusal issues.
- Learn techniques to preview treatment and ensure a beautiful smile.
Fabricating an Invisible Class IV Incisal Restoration with Direct Resin (ODA Afternoon Hands-On Seminar 2:00pm-5:00pm)
This hands-on workshop teaches the participant a predictable method for restoring a Class IV incisal fracture or adding length to an anterior tooth, utilizing composite bonding techniques.
The procedure to be completed utilizes the latest in composite resins, of different translucencies. The use of a putty matrix as an invaluable tool will be reviewed. Proper color mapping and shade selections integrated into the restoration, along with techniques for proper finishing and polishing will be taught.
- Learn how to properly color map to blend the correct composite materials to achieve an invisible restoration.
- Learn how to build composite coloration into the restoration utilizing different composite shades and opacities to achieve the natural looking results the patient expects.
- Learn how to properly finish and polish your restoration for proper function and optimal esthetics.